Elizabeth “Hill” Luscher is a board-certified Nurse Practitioner (CRNP) who earned a Masters of Nursing degree in 2014. A registered nurse since 2008, she transitioned solely to orthopaedic care in 2014, treating patients and assisting in spine, general orthopaedic and orthopaedic trauma surgeries among others.
Shireen Knowles has been a nurse since 2002 and a nurse practitioner since 2010. Her professional focus has been in orthopaedic and neuropathic conditions, including spine health, since graduating from UAB. Since 2016, Shireen has worked with Dr. Paul Canale, medical director for The Spine Institute at Baldwin Bone & Joint.
Patrick Hall Dunn Jr. has been a Certified Physician’s Assistant for 20 years. For the last 14 years he has worked alongside Dr. Paul Canale, Medical Director for The Spine Institute at Baldwin Bone & Joint PC. During his 20-year career he has worked primarily in a surgical setting specializing in spine and orthopaedics.
Dr. Paul Canale is a board certified, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon who has successfully treated patients with neck and spine conditions for more than 30 years. He specializes in complex spinal reconstruction surgery. Dr. Canale serves as medical director of The Spine Institute at Baldwin Bone & Joint.
- BS Mechanical Engineering: University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1980
- Masters Program, Mechanical Engineering: University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 1981
- The Chicago Medical School, North Chicago, IL, 1985
- General Surgery: Wayne State University,Detroit, MI, 1985-86
- Orthopaedic Surgery: Wayne State University, Detroit, MI, 1986-90
- Foot/Ankle/Complex Lower Extremity Reconstruction:
The Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI, 1990-91
- Spine Disorders/Surgery:
University of Missouri/ Columbia Spine Center: Columbia, Missouri, 2003-04
Certification and Licensure
- State of Alabama
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1993
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society (AOS)
- Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS)
- American Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- North American Spine Society (NASS)
- Baldwin County Medical Society
- Medical Association of Alabama
- Medical Director, The Spine Institute at Baldwin Bone & Joint
Dr. Charles Gordon is a board eligible, fellowship-trained orthopaedic surgeon with specialized training and emphasis in minimally-invasive spine surgeries. He practices with The Spine Institute at Baldwin Bone & Joint in Mobile and Baldwin County, Alabama.
- B.S., General Physics, Millsaps College, Jackson, MS 2007
- M.D., University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
Little Rock, AR, 2011
- Orthopaedic Surgery, State University of New York at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY, 2017
- Spinal Surgery, University of Maryland and Shock Trauma Hospital
Baltimore, MD, 2018
Certification and Licensure
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Board Eligible
- Alabama Board of Medical Examiners
- AO North America Spinal Surgery, Fellow
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow
- North American Spine Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society